June is already upon us, so here’s what not to miss while you’re here. Check out the calendar of events and festivals, below.
- National Assembly Open Days — June 1 to 2
- Québec Capitales (baseball & fireworks) — June 14
- Opening Grand Marche — June 14 to 16
- Folk Expression Fest — June 14 to 15
- BBQ Fest — June 14 to 16
- Water Lantern Festival — June 15
- Vintage Car Fest — June 15 to 16
- Jazz Festival — June 20 to 30
- Tour de Beauce (Cycle Race) — June 22
- Fête National (Music Festival — June 23
- Wendake Pow Wow — June 28 to 30
- Québec City Town Hall Celebrations — June 28 to July 3
The National Assembly had been under renovation for a while, and now the new addition is complete, will be open for free for tours on June 1 and 2.
The Grand Marché of Québec produce, likewise, will be opening to the public the weekend of June 14 to 16, at its permanent new venue, which will be accessible year-round. Check out its new website (above) for times.
Of course, June also sees the annual Féte National held every year, come rain or shine, for free, on the Plains of Abraham. Check out the great bands and fireworks.
Québec City’s Town Hall sees a weekend of fun and celebrations to mark the 20th anniversary of twining with the Belgium city of Namur. Don’t miss out on sampling some Belgian chocolate.
So don’t miss, and mark these dates in your calendar!